Please submit this form when you are ready to secure your place in the World Marathon Challenge 2023.
Initial registration is a simple two-step process. You must
- Complete the Application Form on this page, agreeing to the Terms & Conditions, and
- Pay the full entry fee or deposit. The overall fee is EUR 42,000, but the price is reduced to EUR 39,900 if making one full payment. An installment payment option requires an initial deposit of EUR 14,000 to reserve a place in the race field. Two further payments of EUR 14,000 are required at later dates. See Terms & Conditions for details.
Please print this page and retain for your records. Once the full entry fee or deposit has been received, your place will be confirmed in the field.
- The 7 marathons are scheduled to take place at Novo, Cape Town, Perth, Dubai, Madrid, Fortaleza and Miami.
- Participants are required to run the classic marathon distance of 42.2km (26.2 miles) at each of the seven locations to complete the overall World Marathon Challenge. There is also a half-marathon option.
- A time limit of 8 hours is imposed on each marathon, which can be altered at the discretion of the race director.
- Individual results of each of the 7 marathons will be categorised into male and female categories.
- The male and female with the fastest combined / average marathon times will be declared the outright winners of the World Marathon Challenge 2023.
- There will also be a team competition in the 2023 World Marathon Challenge. The fastest combined marathon times of the top three team scorers, who finish all seven marathons, will be declared the winners. Teams can be composed of more than three people but must have both male and female runners amongst their scoring three.
- If you are part of a team, you are automatically included in the individual category / competition.
- Any athlete who exhibits severe conditions that are deemed detrimental to their health may be withdrawn from the race by officials or stopped temporarily while appropriate treatment and advice is administered.
- The Event Director's decisions are final.
Your submission of the registration form accepts the Description and Rules & Regulations as outlined above. The overall fee is EUR 42,000, but the price is EUR 39,900 if making one full payment. The installment payment option will have entrants make an initial deposit of EUR 14,000 to reserve their place in the field. Two further payments of EUR 14,000 are required by the deadlines outlined in the Terms and Conditions.
- Fill in the Application Form
- Click Register for the World Marathon Challenge 2023
- Agree to the Terms & Conditions when prompted
- Make the relevant payment when contacted in order to confirm your place in the World Marathon Challenge 2023
- Later: Complete and return standard forms for entering Antarctica as required by logistics company- a basic medical information form, personal information form, waiver form, and terms & conditions form
The World Marathon Challenge 2023 is scheduled to begin on January 31st 2023. Please proceed to the terms and conditions to see details of the trip.
The World Marathon Challenge ® 2023 offers the opportunity to run 7 Marathons on 7 Continents in 7 Days.
||Latest Arrival at Cape Town, South Africa|
|Jan 29||Race Director Briefing|
||Marathon in Antarctica|
|Feb 1||Marathon in Cape Town
|Feb 2||Marathon in Perth
|Feb 3||Marathon in Dubai
|Feb 4||Marathon in Madrid
|Feb 5||Marathon in Fortaleza
|Feb 6||Marathon in Miami|
* Every effort will be made to keep to the scheduled departure and end date, but all flights are subject to weather, aircraft serviceability and local conditions.
Entry Fee for World Marathon Challenge 2023
The entry fee of EUR €42,000if paying in full upon registration) includes
- Flight by specialist jet from Cape Town to Novo, Antarctica - the location of the first marathon.
- Professionally organised marathon events at Novo, Cape Town, Perth, Dubai, Madrid, Fortaleza and Miami.
- International charter flights to each of the marathon locations.
- Contingency plans and arrangements to cater for weather delays in Antarctica to meet a 7-day schedule.
- Accommodation in Dubai or Madrid if feasible during the trip
- Meals provided on charter flights
- Aid / Food / Drinks stations at each event as per any standard marathon
- Medical support throughout the trip.
- Shower facilities at each location except Antarctica
- Carbon offsets for all flights
- Professional video footage and photos of the World Marathon Challenge for personal / private use.
- Medals, t-shirts, souvenirs and merchandise related to the World Marathon Challenge
A one-off payment of EUR 2to firmly secure place will be accepted upon initial registration. Alternatively, a EUR to reserve a place will be accepted. This deposit should be followed by two additional installment payments of EUR payable by 30th March 202
The preferred method is by bank wire transfer: contact Richard Donovan at rd@worldmarathonchallenge.
: It is recommended to obtain trip cancellation insurance in case you need to cancel your trip through unforeseen circumstances. In the event of withdrawal by a participant, however, every effort will be made to find a replacement competitor rather than charge any fee A withdrawing competitor may also directly transfer his or her place to another person e will not undertake to transfer your entry to a future year.
There are no passports or travel documents required for Antarctica. However, participants must have a valid passport beyond their date of return and the appropriate visa documents (if required for their nationality) for all other destinations on the trip: South Africa, Australia, United Arab Emirates, Spain, Brazil and the USA. The organisers will assist with supplying any supporting documentation necessary for visas if requested. Participants will also need to adhere to Covid-19 policies for each destination, which may include vaccination certificates and PCR tests.
Trip Cancellation / Travel / Medical Insurance
Each participant is responsible for their own insurance to cover trip cancellation and interruption. For example, you may get injured and need to cancel your trip. Furthermore, weather-related delays and other delays can occur in such an extreme environment and the organisers cannot be held responsible for such disruption.articipants are responsible for their own travel / medical insurance for the World Marathon Challenge trip in case of a medical emergency or otherwise.