Schedule & Prices
The World Marathon Challenge ® is the only event that offers the opportunity to run 7 Marathons on 7 Continents in 7 Days. The provisional dates for the 2017 and 2018 events are identical, with the 2017 details outlined below.
2017 World Marathon Challenge Provisional Schedule & Destinations
|18-Jan||Arrive at Punta Arenas, Chile|
|19-Jan||Pre-Departure Briefings for Antarctica|
|20-Jan||Flight to Marathon location at Union Glacier, Antarctica|
|22-Jan||Cold Weather Gear Testing|
|23-Jan||Marathon in Antarctica + Flight to Punta Arenas|
|24-Jan||Marathon in Punta Arenas + Flight to Miami|
|25-Jan||Marathon in Miami + Flight to Madrid|
|26-Jan||Marathon in Madrid + Flight to Marrakech|
|27-Jan||Marathon in Marrakech + Flight to Dubai|
|28-Jan||Marathon in Dubai + Flight to Sydney|
|29-Jan||Marathon in Sydney + Celebration|
|30-Jan||Rest & Relaxation|
|31-Jan||Free to Return Home|
*Every effort will be made to keep to the scheduled departure and return date, but all flights are subject to weather, aircraft serviceability and local conditions.
Entry Fee for 2017 World Marathon Challenge
The entry fee of EUR €36,000 (€35,000 if paying in full upon registration) includes
- Flight by specialist jet from Punta Arenas to Union Glacier, Antarctica - the location of the first marathon.
- Polar clothing, tented accommodation and meals in Antarctica from 20th January - 23rd January 2017.
- Professionally organised marathon events at Union Glacier, Punta Arenas, Miami, Madrid, Marrakech, Dubai and Sydney.
- International VIP charter flights to each of the marathon locations.
- Contingency plans and arrangements to cater for weather delays in Antarctica to meet a 7-day schedule.
- Accommodation, where practical and possible at locations during the trip, and two nights accommodation in Sydney at the conclusion.
- Medical support during the marathons on each continent.
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance for Antarctica.
- Professional video footage / photos of the World Marathon Challenge.
- Offsetting of flight carbon emissions via CarbonFund.org
- Medals, t-shirts, souvenirs and merchandise related to the World Marathon Challenge.
*Please note: The entry fee does NOT include flights from your homeland to Punta Arenas to begin the trip or your return flight home at the end of the trip.
All participants should be in excellent health and capable of completing the World Marathon Challenge. Please consult with your doctor before entering the 2017 World Marathon Challenge.